Ingredients[+] Add all ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Add oil, apple sauce, eggs, and extract. Mix well by hand. Fold in chopped apples.
3. Spread evenly in a baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes.
4. When cake is almost done, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, melt brown sugar, milk and butter. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for two minutes.
5. When out of the oven, take a toothpick and poke holes all through the cake for the glaze. Pour glaze over the cake.
A young cook from Minnesota, she is gluten-free and has shared many delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipes. This was great for our campaign with Generation Rescue as many autistic children are on gluten and casein free diets.