Ingredients[+] Add all ingredients
1 1/2 tablespoons salt, divided [+]
2 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, divided [+]
1/2 tablespoon onion powder [+]
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder [+]
vegetable oil, for frying [+]
2 cups flour [+]
4 eggs, beaten [+]
1 package large wonton wrappers [+]
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese [+]
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce [+]
1. Season both sides of chicken with 1/2 tablespoon of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. Cook in a skillet untill cooked through, try not to brown the outside too much. (You can also bake in the oven or boil chicken.) Once cooked, shred chicken with a fork and set aside.
2. Preheat a large pot with vegetable oil to about 350 degrees F.
3. To set up breading station, in one container, mix together flour, 2 tablespoons of pepper, and 1 tablespoon of salt. In another containter, beat eggs and sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper as well.
4. To assemble, take one wrapper, sprinkle a little bit of cheese in the middle, place shredded chicken on top (leaving enough room to still fold over), and drizzle some Frank's Buffalo Sauce over the chicken. Using a pastry brush, brush some egg along two sides of the wonton. Fold over, corner to corner (like a triangle) and press together to close.
5. Once all are made, start breading by dipping first in egg, then cover well in flour. When all are breaded, place in oil and fry a few minutes on each side, untill lightly browned.
Serve with blue cheese dressing and enjoy!
A young cook from Minnesota, she is gluten-free and has shared many delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipes. This was great for our campaign with Generation Rescue as many autistic children are on gluten and casein free diets.