Mini Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
Yield: 24 mini cakes
Prep Time: 10 Min(s)
Cook Time: 25 Min(s)
Ready In: 35 Min(s)
I originally found this on the back of a can of crushed pineapples....with a few adjustments, this recipe has become one of my favorite items to bring to a holiday potluck.
1. Drain pineapple. If using pineapple cake, discard juice. If using yellow cake, reserve juice and use for the water portion of the cake mix.
2. In a small bowl, combine melted butter and brown sugar and mix well.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degress F and grease 4 muffin tins. On the bottom of each muffin cup, spread approximately 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar mix.
4. Evenly distribute pineapple to each muffin cup, and then place a cherry in the center.
5. Prepare batter according to directions on box. Distribute batter evenly among the muffin cups, approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons per cup.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
When done, let cool for 10 minutes then flip.
A young cook from Minnesota, she is gluten-free and has shared many delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipes. This was great for our campaign with Generation Rescue as many autistic children are on gluten and casein free diets.