1. Combine the ingredients in a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. Brush eggplants with oil and grill for 4 minutes on each side. Give the eggplant a good coating of the sauce and grill for a few minutes on each side until cooked through and glaze is starting to caramelize.
3. Brush eggplants with half of the marinade and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and brush with a little more marinade.
4. Prepare grill for high heat cooking. Place eggplants flesh side down and cook for 2 minutes until marinade has caramelized. Turn over and cook for another 3 minutes until soft.
A young cook from Minnesota, she is gluten-free and has shared many delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipes. This was great for our campaign with Generation Rescue as many autistic children are on gluten and casein free diets.