New York Cheesecake
To keep your cheesecake from cracking on top, when baking is complete, turn oven off and let the cheesecake cool in oven with the oven door slightly opened. This will prevent the cheesecake from being shocked cool and should prevent ... << read more >>
Yield: 8 large slices
Prep Time: 20 Min(s)
Cook Time: 70 Min(s)
Ready In: 5.5 Hour(s)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix crumbs, sugar and butter in a small bowl.
- Press onto bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. (Bake at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes if using a dark non-stick spring form pan.)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Blend in sour cream. Add eggs, mixing on low speed just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until center is almost set. (If using dark or non'stick spring form pan back at 300 degrees F for 65 to 70 minutes.)
- Run knife or metal spatula around rim of pan to loosen cake.
- Cool before removing rim of pan.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with your favorite cheesecake topping or serve as is.
A young cook from Minnesota, she is gluten-free and has shared many delicious, healthy, and gluten-free recipes. This was great for our campaign with Generation Rescue as many autistic children are on gluten and casein free diets.